Monday 10 April 2017

Fomori Witch finished!


Pottered through some hobby this weekend. I finished up this Fomori Witch. I've probably mentioned that it's done by Krakon Games before. You can also get it from Bad Squiddo Games. It was part of a "clearing the decks" exercise I did over the weekend, for . . . reasons.


This little Starship Generator from the Reaper Bones line got a basic tabletop job for a bit more scatter terrain when I need it.


Remember I was working on a Chaos Spawn? This one now has all it's limbs attached. I just need to add its back tentacles, and then it will be ready for undercoating. I'm feeling really good about the number of things I'm getting ready for undercoat and thus off the painting desk.


Random back-lit photo because I forgot to take a proper one! The other "Made to Order" Inquisitor got based and undercoated. In order to stop the base toppling over, there's a lot of fisherman's shot weighting down the the bottom of the stairs... I also totally forgot to take a photo of a Jokaero I assembled and undercoated, but given that's a stock model, there's nothing interesting or different to see there.


 So, why the effort to clear the desk? Well, it seems Mike Marshall is running another Malifaux event. It's called Spring Showdown III and it's on 7 May. I haven't got a ticket yet, but I'm "moderately tempted" to go...

I'm not confirming yet, as I'm setting myself some targets to do so.

1. Not being completely dead from all the other stuff I'm doing.

2. At least one new Malifaux model assembled and painted for the event.

3. Having actually played some Malifaux this year in a practice game so I remember how these rules things play.

I will keep my loyal readers (both of you) up to date this progresses!

6 comments:

  1. Loving how the spawn is progressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I'm looking forward to seeing it undercoated so I can see how it all comes together as a miniature...

      Delete
  2. Good looking stuff, man! Love the Fimir, and the old school terminator is looking sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to get more steady progress on my stuff now.

      Delete
  3. That bear or whatever it is is just pure evil looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a "Teddy" from Malifaux, one of a limited edition alternative sculpt. It is appropriately evil in the game too...

      Delete