Monday 10 September 2018

A quick paint job on a shipping container


In a similar vein to the couple of bits of scenery I painted the other week, before I took down my painting area for the house move, I threw some paint on this Reaper Bones Shipping Container. Having learnt from last time, I went with much lighter colours for the drybrush - with one heavy drybrush and then two lighter ones with incredibly pale colours. This worked much better for contrast and tone in normal light.

Still, that's the last bit of painting for a while, as the painting table is away. I might manage to do a few bits of assembly during the packing depending on how it goes, but we'll see...

4 comments:

  1. Seems kind of appropriate for a shipping container to be the last piece you paint before a move, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn’t planned, but appropriate now you point it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move. I don't envy you. Are you staying in London? (You are based in London, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, still within London. Finally bought a place, though we are downsizing from a 3 Bedroom to a 2 Bedroom...

    ReplyDelete