Monday 10 December 2018

Painted Ryza Ruins, and Black Crab Miniatures arrive


I'm pleased to say that the first models I've painted in the new flat are now finished!


The Ryza Ruins set is now fully painted. It's only a tabletop quality scenery job, but that's entirely reasonable for their joint responsibilities as 40K universe scenery and miniature photoshoot props and backdrop.


The paint recipe is simple enough - black undercoat, then two sets of three passes of lighter and lighter drybrushing. The inside is blue-green, the outside orange. A few details were picked out in metallics, everything got a sepia wash, then everything got a lilac (Slaanesh Grey) drybrush to bring it all together.


Of course, inconveniently, a small Kickstarter has delivered. These three highly reputable looking persons are by Black Crab Miniatures. I'm not sure if they're ever going to go to retail, so I'm pleased I picked them up.

So, how are the scores?

Painted / Purchased Score: 40 / 29

We're definitely seeing some improvement! I'm not yet in the clear and painted twice as much as I've bought / acquired, but it's going in the right direction.

I'm trying to knock out a few crates for HATE which should be an easy win on stuff painted. The Space Marine Heroes will be next up, but I will also get the Black Crab stuff prepped up sooner rather than later.

6 comments:

  1. That color scheme is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hugely! I'm trying to play around with colours at the moment, and it was a bit of an experiment.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I didn't think of it, but doing different inside and outside colours makes perfect sense for these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in turn inspired by the Warhammer TV tutorial. :)

      I was also considering whether or not to paint the different bits of the same design in different colours to make them look more varied, but I thought that would likely result in a less unified look for the table as a whole.

      Delete
  3. These ruins look fantastic. I particularly like the colour schemes.

    Thank you for posting the images.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete