Thursday 21 February 2019

Kickstarter: Artis Opus Brushes


My friend James has asked very nicely if I'll mention his new Kickstarter that's running at the moment. As I am a benevolent Responsible One, I thought I'd obliged.

For clarity - I have not received (nor do I expect) any payment or free product for this recommendation, but I do regard at least one of the people behind the project as a friend.


The Kickstarter is for a second series of painter's brushes by Artis Opus. I backed their last Kickstarter, for the "Series S" brushes, and I've been using the Size 1 brush from that quite a lot since the house move. It's a really nice brush and I rather like it.

The new Kickstarter is for a second range of brushes, called the "Series M".


The idea behind the Series M Kickstarter is that some painters prefer shorter bristles, particularly for detail work. Short bristles are really not my cup of tea, but I don't do a lot of display level painting. What I can vouch for is that my stuff turned up within a reasonable time (I'm not sure how reasonable, as my builder accidentally put the parcel in a kitchen cupboard and forgot to tell me for a while), and the quality is really good. They are on the pricey side, but that can be a thing for higher end brushes.

Brushes are definitely a personal thing, but if you are looking for new brushes, go check out the Kickstarter, because you may like them. And if you prefer longer brushes, you can still order those from their website instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment