Thursday 13 June 2019

WarhammerFest: Golden Demon Entries


Catching up on the photos I took at WarhammerFest, here's the last of the photo posts. I've got a rambly text post to come about ideas being sparked by seeing other people's hobby, but that's for later.

I wasn't going to  take photos of the Golden Demon entries this year, as the photos are never very good and the painters often put up their own photos on their own blogs taken in much better conditions. And then I saw this absolutely gorgeous unit of Mordheim Averlanders, and I absolutely had to start taking a few photos.


I don't really have very much to say about all these photos, so I'm going to restrict myself to the odd comment of my thoughts. In this case, it's just some lovely Slaanesh demons, which I was very nearly tempted into starting an army of.


This photo catches the manic energy of the new "Gloomspite Gitz" without getting too cartoony.


This horrible monster, with all it's heavy conversion work, caught my eye immediately.


An adorable troll. The hole in the ground looks like a yawning mouth, too.


The new troll models are gorgeous and full of things that a painter can use to show off their techniques on, so it's not a surprise they're popular this year.


Lovely bright colours on this one.


Creepy Great Unclean One conversion with a bell tower growing out of his back.


More Oldhammer, in terms of a classic Ogre and the "Moon Knight". I definitely want to own both of these, and don't.


Unsubtle political campaigning as part of an entry...


A Harlequin Shadowseer conversion where the chest has been hollowed out to glow and change colours.


Another ornate tower, this time growing out of the back of a Renegade Knight.


Louise Sugden entered her Squat bounty hunter into the Open Category (winning a well deserved finalist pin).


There was even a Heroquest Fimir making up the ranks of the old classics on display.


Someone had painted up all the weird little Nurglings you get with other Nurgle kits as a unit of Nurglings.


There was also this excellent mix of Forge World Bounty Hunters for Necromunda mixed in with some excellent kit bashes and conversions.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah. I just wish there was more ability to see them on the day as the cabinets are always so crowded.

      Delete
  2. That titan with the crypt on top is inspiring.

    This year had so many good entries, I think it's great to see all the photos coming out, as there's just so much to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Hopefully a bunch will go up on the Golden Daemon site eventually.

      Delete