Sunday 26 January 2020

Hobby weekend - Bad Things Happen


I've been away from the blog a little while as I had a couple of weekends away LARPing. But this weekend was a good opportunity to catch up with both housework and a little bit of hobby. I focused my time on getting three more figures for Malifaux assembled - Big Jake and 2 Desperate Mercenaries.

As with most Malifaux plastics, the builds are a bit of a pain, with multiple fiddly parts. But once put together they look absolutely excellent.


The reason behind the assembly rush is that I've signed up to a short, 3 round slow grow league for Malifaux at Dark Sphere. I had a "Henchman Hardcore" game - my first game of 3rd edition Malifaux - earlier in the week, and for the second round I needed a few more models!


I got a little distracted starting to assemble some Wargames Atlantic Halflings. I just got to a point in the evening where I didn't want anything complicated, and the fit the bill.


I've also finished painting my first miniature of 2020 - the Undead Spaceman by Diehard Miniatures. I experimented a bit with a light drybrush of light blue over the entire miniature to provide a different kind of highlight, and make him seem a little dusty. Definitely something to play around with again.

That's almost all of the Diehard Kickstarter done - just the Undead Centaur left to go, but I'll need to get him assembled.


I also started picking up the paint jobs on my Shasvastii again, starting with the Nox Troopers.

I picked up the White Dwarf Tech Priest model in a trade, and while I was in to Dark Sphere I grabbed the Hulang Skirmisher and Libertos with Light Shotgun for my Dahshat. I'm sending them off to my commission painter alongside the Qapu Khalqi I've had hanging around for ages.

As far as painting goals go - 16 models painted, 3 purchased. Currently on track to not buy more than I've painted.

2 comments:

  1. Painting more than you buy ?

    Heresy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is to paint loads so you can buy more stuff guilt free. ;)

      Delete