Monday 7 September 2020

August Progress Check


 August was pretty good for productivity. I managed to get back into painting, getting three projects sorted out.


I've kind of ended up focusing a little on selling bits and bobs I'm not using any more to make space. That ends up taking time I could be painting, but clearing space out of the flat is really good for my general positivity, and that should hopefully lead to more painting in the future.


I have had a bit of a slow down on buying things, too. I've realised I've been buying more and more stuff without being ready to paint it, so I'm trying to hold off on those easy hits of buying new exciting stuff I'm just not getting to. It's been the case with models and books, so it's time to put the brakes on.

I still need to have a think about how to structure my day / week to paint more regularly, as this seems to be the best way to get more done. Something I'm mulling over at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I've dug into the old supplies to give myself the dopamine hit of "new" things. If I find something that doesn't inspire me, then it goes on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I moved I made a grid, with the lines being "I love this / I don't love this" and "I have a plan for this / I don't have a plan for this".

      I am still selling everything from the "I don't love this and don't have a plan for this" pile. Outside that, the goal is to paint things within a year of buying them.
      Once I'm through the original "to sell" pile, I'm going to take another pass.

      Delete