Monday 12 April 2021

Stay on Targe . . . Oooh, squirrel!



You know how the plan was to finish stuff up this month and not start new things? Yeah, that's not gone well. In fact, it's gotten worse. It's Stress Awareness Month, so my work kindly organised a "Crafternoon" to encourage people to think about using crafts and hobbies to keep their stress down. I thought that scraping mould lines or plugging through some weird alien models no-one knew wouldn't be that interesting so I grabbed a couple of D&D models and blitzed them with contrast over the hour of the online event. They just need a few minutes each to tidy up and finish them off, but I've not found the time since.


Warlord Games then mentioned they had a sale on, and I spotted that they had a whole bunch of Mantic "Terrain Crate" boxes at half price. I probably went a little overboard with these, and my numbers have suffered as a result.


To try and "fix" the problem, I started trying to assemble them all - although most are single piece models that just need a little clean up. Then I started running out of space...


When I started using the lids of storage boxes as well, I realised it had gone a bit far so put the work in progress away until I have a little more space.


I also picked up an assortment of large bases from Fenris Games. The idea here is that I'm going to paint these up to use to mark areas of special terrain on Infinity tables.


I also got an assortment of widgets for scatter terrain.


And finally, I picked up this "bee fairy", because I really liked the sculpt and thought I'd use her for a D&D fae NPC. A little pamphlet included in the box indicates that she's a bit of a preview of an upcoming Kickstarter, so keep an eye out for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment