Monday 20 March 2023

An incredibly busy week

 
It's been a super busy week! I managed to get a little painting done - one of the Oathsworn Dwarfs is almost done, and I plugged away a bunch more base coats on the last of the Terrain Crate scatter. I also dropped in the first layers of the Corax Hasht repair / repaint. But a good indication of how busy I've been is that all the dwarf needs is their base washing and drybrushing, and the base rim painted, and I didn't find the time to do that over the weekend...


I helped out at a Dark Sphere Infinity tournament for their new local players by volunteering as the "ringer", to play if they had an odd number of players so no-one had to miss a game. I played two games then stepped back from the third round as another player had to leave early. It was a chance for me to deploy my Qapu Khalqi force that I haven't really played yet, as I didn't want to play a faction I'd been carefully honing all season against a bunch of new players...


I bought this book on a whim - it's an anthology of stories to celebrate 50 ears of the feminist publisher Virago. It was going to be my "if I don't have anything to do at the tournament" read, but I think it's going to end up being a train journey read in the future instead...


I've also had two crowd-funded efforts show up this week, too. These were when I was starting to really get into the idea of running an in person fantasy RPG campaign in the future using miniatures - whether D&D or some other system. First up, we have the Tanares Kickstarter. It started as a board game, and they've then released an RPG supplement for it as well. I had no interest in either the board game or the 5e additional material they were writing, but I backed a bundle of miniatures to get some unusual and interesting NPC and monster miniatures to use. I'll report back once I've gone through the box contents as to how successful that idea was...


I also had the latest Dungeons & Lasers Gamefound campaign turn up. It's mostly scenery that I've stashed away as a much lower painting priority, but it did also include a "Sample Pack" for their upcoming game "Deuslair". I am curious, so when hobby time returns, I'll see if I can get them assembled for a mini review. This is probably a shade optimistic, though...

2 comments:

  1. Blimey - if you got the same kickstarter from D&L that I did, optimistic is putting it mildly! Took me a solid week of hard building to get that tower of plastic assembled. Great stuff, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was thinking of just doing the Sample Pack, not the whole Kickstarter! Given that I was thinking 3 models is a "bit optimistic", I'm definitely not getting to the whole Kickstarter for a while yet...

      Delete