Friday 16 June 2023

D&D Icons of the Realms Spell Effects: Mighty Conjurations

 
I picked up another box of the Icons of the Realms Spell Effects because it had a couple I was really after. This one has some odd picks - I'm not sure why you specifically need a chest for Leomund's Secret Chest - it's not like there's a shortage of chest miniatures. The Dancing Lights models are much better than the weird ones in the previous box I had, though. The Healing Spirit was the model I got the box for, and it's fine, I guess. Has anyone ever cast Bones of the Earth in the history of D&D, though?


A few of the spell effects were a little too big to fit in the previous picture. First up is the classic "Leomund's Tiny Hut" spell, which I hadn't quite realised how tiny it was. It's useful to show your players how much space they're camping in, though.


A box for small force cage is pretty teeny, but that is how small it is. I wouldn't much rate it if it wasn't for . . .


... this absolutely huge cage version of the Forcecage spell effect.

All in all, the quality of these is pretty variable, and the spell selection is really rather random. I feel like they'd have been much better placed aiming for certain types of caster and a particular range of levels. Some of these effects aren't likely to see regular use, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment