Monday 18 December 2023

Undead Ogre


Here's an undead ogre I've had lying around in my painting stash for ages. It's a fan sculpt by Justin Coutange I bought over Facebook years ago. He passed away a few years ago, but the sculpt is now available from Ral Partha Europe. (Thanks to Chico Danks of Oldhammer on a Budget for letting me know where you can buy it these days.)

I was quite suspicious of the undercoat I'd used for it, so started with a black base coat on all the metal and a dark brown base coat on everything else, then built the colour up from there.

I was part way through painting him when Midwinter Minis posted a tutorial on speed painting Heroquest skeletons, which was quite close to what I'd been intending on doing. I'm always nervous when trying something new, so seeing someone experience recommending the kind of thing I'd been intending was very reassuring.

It's coming up to the end of the year and I'm probably not going to get much more done this year. I'm going to try and have a bit of a sort and get rid of a bit of clutter for the New Year. The end of a year is always a time for a bit of taking stock and setting new goals. I'm optimistic for the future, but making things better takes work, so its best I don't forget that simply thinking about how things can be better isn't matched by rolling my sleeves up and getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment