I managed to complete the Airfix "Afghan House" I picked up during the sad demise of Model Zone. I'm pretty pleased with it, and they're not unreasonably priced as a nice piece of ready assembled scenery. All it needs is painting.
To paint it, I washed it first as I wasn't sure about the mould release agent. It also appeared to be undercoated, but I gave it a light white spray undercoat anyway because I am naturally distrustful.
I based it in Tallarn Sand, then washed it with Agrax Earthshade. I then drybrushed it with Screaming Skull. The rubble pile, I left at this point, but wanted to make it slightly less chalky on the main building, so I washed it lightly with Seraphim Sepia. The damaged areas, especially around the door and windows, had another wash of Agrax Earthshade.
I'm pleased with how this has turned out, and I'm glad I picked it up. Its also a Thing Which I Have Finished, which hasn't happened in a while. Its a nice "quick win" to make me feel motivated by having achieved something.
I also managed to finish up assembling half an Imperial Guard squad.
These are intended to be part of a nice 20 man increase to my infantry platoons. Still, these ones are ready for undercoating now, so I'm a quarter of the way there.