Thursday 17 May 2018

Learning Game: Druze Bayram Security vs Haqqislam - 300 points, Firefight


With it not being a League game week, I decided, as I had enough models assembled, to give the Druze Bayram Security a quick run out in a practice game. Riker was kind enough to accept the challenge, as he wanted to take a break from his usual Yu Jing to return to his Haqqislam.

I started off with the pretty standard core link of Druze with a Clipper Dronbot. The rest of the link consisted of the HMG, Brawler Doctor, Light Grenade Launcher and a Killer Hacker. My Druze Lieutenant was deployed further up the board to replenish the link as it moved up.


A couple of Bounty Hunters in a Duo were set up further up the field to act as a speed bump, with the hope that they'd manage to hold a few models up as they advanced.


And meanwhile, a Brawler Haris with the MSV2 Sniper hung out on the right hand side of the board.


I then got a bit of a shock as Riker's reserve model was a Maghariba Guard. The Druze certainly have a reputation for being punchy, but this was definitely going to be a challenge.



Fortunately for me, I'd left Saito Togan hanging out in a nice spot, and I got a beautiful opportunity to call an "Engage" move, trapping it in place before it could cause too much damage.


The Dronbot got into a little bit of a gun fight with some Haqqislam models and didn't do too well out of it. Broadly, I ended up pinned down with little capacity to move


A Bashi Bazouk wandered on from the side and shot up Saito Togan, freeing up the TAG.


I don't recall what this model was, but it was causing me some significant woe in the midfield.


The Maghariba Guard got into position to cause me trouble the next turn, but the Druze showed why they are so terrifying. There were a couple of orders of ineffective shooting against the TAG, but then suddenly it rolled low, I rolled well and the entire TAG just vanished off the board in a hail of machine gun bullets. I was probably more surprised than Andy!


In an effort to outflank the Druze, I brought on a Bashi Bazouk. The model in the tower turned out to be a Hafza in disguise and used a blast template to obliterate the Bashi by targetting a Holo Echo...


Fortunately, at least, I managed to take out the annoying midfield piece by shooting it in the back.


My sniper lost a duel with . . . something?


One of my few amusement high points was the Ghazi Muttawiah pulling their normal trick of shooting a burst of E/M through a wall at my Lieutenant, only to be reminded that Druze are Veterans, and thus immune to such parlour tricks...


In the wider picture, though, it was all going downhill. The Druze link was slowly dismantled.


Soon, there weren't very many models left, and we called it a day.

As a learning game, this was still super useful. I wasn't much impressed by the Brawler sniper link, but the Druze core link was excellent and caused a lot of damage before going down. I think I need to place more models who can join up with the core link in sensible places to let it get back up to a full five person fire team, as that's where it really shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment