Monday 26 November 2018

Holiday and game demos


We had a week off this past week, and wandered the country doing relaxing things and catching up with friends and family. As part of this we spent a few days in Nottingham and had a little time in Warhammer World. I managed to get a little hobby assembly done, starting on the Warhammer Heroes models I have.

We managed to fit in a couple of demos. I’d also previously got a demo of Warhammer Underworlds in. So, what’s the report?


Blackstone Fortress

We got a lovely demo with me playing the Rogue Trader and Sim playing the stompy robot. Sim found it a bit too fiddly for her liking, but I loved it, and the solo play means I’ll still be able to get in a campaign of it. Firmly on my “to purchase” list.


Adeptus Titanicus

We had a stripped down demo of two Warlords blasting seven bells out of each other. Definitely a longer game, but the core mechanics are simple and easy to remember. Likely we’ll be able to justify setting up a game table and playing a turn a night over the course of a week. Will be getting more Titans and Knights, definitely.


Warhammer Underworlds

Played this one without Sim, but also been reinforced to pick this up. A well balanced game with slick mechanics and a low model count. This one is a good quick “get a game in” option.


Only managed to assemble one Marine in Bugmans in the end due to catching up with various people. Still, it was good to catch up with various folk and my hobby keen is strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment