Monday 10 February 2020

Painting at a Tournament?


I was meant to be at a LARP event this weekend which was sadly cancelled. As it was St Albans Smackdown on Saturday, I headed up to act as a reserve player in case of a drop out. In the event, I wasn't needed, so I wandered around taking photos, fussing the dog and getting a little painting done. While I put all the photos up on Facebook at the weekend, I plan to put them up on the blog a bit at a time on a schedule.


I managed to finish my Shasvastii Nox Troopers. I'm happy I'm getting my Shasvastii scheme dialled in. Next up is the rest of the Wildfire Shasvastii.


While I was at Dark Sphere last week for the Warmongers meet up, I picked up a few bits and bobs of the recent releases. The Corpse Grinder Necromunda cards I picked up as there's a bunch of generic cards in the set. Meanwhile, I've been intending to play Warcry for a good while, so I grabbed a selection of warband cards where I already own models (admittedly not assembled yet).


There was also a rep from Chaosium at Dark Sphere raising awareness of the various games they produce. We had an interesting chat, and was given some introductory rules for Runequest, which I've not looked into before. I'll be interested to give it a read through.


I also managed to get in a practice game for the European Infinity Championship. I've not had much chance to play Power Pack so wanted to work out how it plays. I had an interesting game against JSA. which I may write up depending on what I have time for.

I've got a restless feeling at the moment that I'm not getting everything I want to done. I may need to have a bit of a think about my time management. I suspect a lot of the problem is underestimating how long things take. Not sure how to fix that...

8 comments:

  1. I remember playing Runequest back in the 80s. I'm sure I've still got the rulebook somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the 80s, my RPGs of choice were Advanced Fighting Fantasy and WFRP. I got into D&D later but never picked up Runequest - I'm super curious about the differences.

      Delete
  2. Your photos of the painted figures don't do them justice. Much nicer up close last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get my photo box set up again and take some proper pictures.

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I know you don't know me from Adam but I'm a long-time RuneQuest fan and probably at least reasonably local. If ever you and your pals fancied playing it, I'd be happy to GM a one-off game.

    Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer! Right now, time is at a premium, but I'll definitely bear it in mind if we look to try a game. It's very kind of you.

      Delete
    2. Ah, spare time. I know how it is. Time is always the enemy. :) Just give me a shout if ever you want to try it out.

      Delete