Monday 17 August 2020

An old mini painted


I managed to finally finish painting up this old Pit Fighter model I've had stuck on my painting desk since June. He was meant to be a quick win model in between other projects, but I underestimated quite how much fiddly detail he had, and I ended up stalling out a little.

Still, I feel like I'm getting back into the habit of painting regularly, and hopefully I'll be able to keep the momentum up.

In the meantime, I've also managed to prep a whole bunch of minis. In many cases, these were models I'd had commission painters or club mates assemble for me that I needed to do some basing and zenithal on to get ready for painting.

My frustration at not getting much painted has resulted both in me picking up some models to cheer myself up and farming out more assembly, which means I've got way more "work in progress" than I should have, so I'm going to focus a bit on getting a bunch of that under control over the next few weeks.

I'll also throw up a few pictures of some of my upcoming projects over the next few weeks so you can see some of the cool stuff I've found. Hopefully it will make up for the period of radio silence and rambling posts without any new models!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! You've inspired me to paint the Dungeonquest pit fighter to do battle with your fella. Though looking at him, he may be in a different weight class ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this old metal fellow has a good bit of heft to him compared to a board gaming piece. That said, dig him out and give him a paint job!

      Delete