Wednesday 25 November 2020

Work in Progress Wednesday: Combined Army Support

 

There's a bundle more Combined Army stuff queued up for me to paint, so I thought I'd show a few more bits I've got to get done. This is stuff that's more "generic" Combined Army than pure Shasvastii.


First up is the Med-Tech Obsidon Medchanoid and his two Slave Drones. (Yes, I had to look the spelling up.) Better known as "Doctor Worm", it's the main medical support for the Combined Army. The idea is that there's so many races that no-one can truly learn all the different alien life forms and their medical needs, so the Combined Army grow bioengineered life forms that are programmed with all the information they need.

Basically a "must have" pick in many lists, he's a priority to get painted up for play when we get out into the real world again. 


Imetrons are not available to Shasvastii, but come in a box with some other models that Shasvastii really need. I'm sure at some point I'll play some games with vanilla Combined Army, and they don't look like a huge fuss to paint up.

They're basically small robotic command and control devices that give you an extra order, but are otherwise immobile and can't defend themselves.


Infinity is a mission of objectives, and quite a few of the previous seasons of the tournament pack have required multiple civilians. I've picked up a couple of human ones as at present Corvus Belli only make a single Combined Army civilian and I already have him. These will be painted up as either human traitors or Shasvastii infiltrators in disguise - I haven't decided yet.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have! (Although not these.) Just scheduled a post for tomorrow to show them off...

      Delete