Monday 18 September 2023

The inevitable indecision of copious free time

 
With Empire LRP finished for the season, and two weeks of holiday booked with a good chunk of it set aside for hobby time, we reach the inevitable point of having too many things to do and desperately trying to avoid failing to do any of them.

Lets have a look at the problem, shall we? On the painting desk, I need to finish up the Mutant Marshes terrain pieces, and paint up the Dungeon Fiends Starter Set. I'm enjoying painting both, but neither are particularly quick jobs, so there's no easy brain chemicals for finishing something here.


The "assembly" tray needs a little sort. With the decision to get my O-12 commission painted, they can all come off this tray and off to a box to await sending away. There's a few half prepped minis that need finishing up, some repairs, and a few "ready to paint" models that live here until the paint tray has space for them. Of course, the first day I was ready to undercoat things, the heavens opened with rain forecast all week.


There's then the Dark Tray of Sadness. Abandoned things, older "in need of repair" models and so on. I probably need to sweep through this to find things to send to commission painters to make this go away, but there's a bit of mental effort needed to achieve this...


I also did a pass through my unassembled Infinity to send another batch of things away to be assembled, on the grounds that felt like a sensible and productive thing to do.

There's plenty of things I can be getting on with in the meantime, I just need to decide which one to do first...

No comments:

Post a Comment