Friday 1 September 2023

Some thoughts on my plans for Games Workshop games

 
With more than half the year gone, I thought I'd have a bit of a ponder about my plans for the rest of the year. For September, I thought it would be a good idea to try and get in a game of That There Warhammer 40,000 New Edition. I've got a Deathwatch force that I might need to fiddle about with to make work, but I'll put together an army and find someone to play down at the club.

I do have quite a few commitments in September already - so there's a small chance I won't manage to fit this in. If so, I'll do it in October and everything else can slip to the right by a month in turn . . .


I've still not played Age of Sigmar. This is completely daft, as I really like the look of it. October shall be the month of Age of Sigmar (except if it isn't), and I shall finally play a game of that there fantasy game, and see if I like it.


I had a learning game of Warhammer Underworlds a few years ago. I own a couple of painted Stormcast warbands courtesy of Squiggle's Studio. I have a big pile of unpainted warbands on top of that. Let November be the month I get in a game of Warhammer Underworlds with my own models and a Rivals deck.


As I mentioned, September is a busy month, so everything may slip a month. If it doesn't, I do have December free. So lets have a suitably "stealthy" bonus objective. The club has a Boarding Action terrain set, and I should be able to put together a boarding action team really easily. I'm keen on the idea of Boarding Action sized painting projects, so I'd like to see if it's as much my jam as I suspect it is.

2 comments:

  1. Always good to plan. Always good to be able to update the plan according to the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I realised I was just drifting and needed a bit of a plan to get things done.

      Delete