Monday 7 October 2024

A Firbolg Fighter

 
A friend of mine ran a small charity auction earlier in the year and I won a couple of bids to have figures commission painted. Here's the first of them back.

The figure is a 3D printed Firbolg Fighter that was printed by Grumpy Gorilla. I'd picked it up at SELWG and gave my painter friend a pretty free reign to come up with a paint scheme as I didn't have a specific concept for the model. 


I think he's come out really well. I've been upping my photography set up of late with some scenery pieces by Berlin Tuesday and the Jon Hodgkin backdrop books. I still don't feel like I've got my lighting just right yet, as I seem to have trouble balancing getting enough light on the miniature and not getting a shine off the backdrop. I suspect I'll need to play around a little more to get it dialled in.

A huge shout out and appreciate for my friend who painted this figure in return for me making a donation to charity. It's a lovely figure I'm super happy to have in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment