Wednesday 30 August 2023

D&D Minis - A Strange Assortment

 
I picked up a few bits and pieces of pre-painted Wizkids models again. Across the back, left to right - Thri-Kreen are hard to find outside of official miniatures, and as a potential player species now, it's a solid thing to pick up. The Wereraven is a good NPC option to have available as they have a good spooky aesthetic. Finally, the Galeb Duhr are smaller earth elementals, which adds some variety to weird magical summoned creatures or other fights. Of course, I noticed since I bought it that they can animate two buddies who look identical, so I should have grabbed three...

In front is a Pathfinder "Ant Gnoll", which I picked up as smaller gnolls are otherwise hard to find, and a Deep Dragon Wyrmling. I really wanted a Young Deep Dragon, but I failed to pick one up before they went out of stock in the shops I regularly check, so now I'll be keeping my eye out.


At the other end of the scale, here's a Mamlambo for Pathfinder. It's from the Mwangi Expanse part of the setting, which is their African inspired setting. It's a huge river monster which is a "Creature 9" encounter. I'm probably not going to get to use it for a good while yet, but it felt like something that would be quite hard to find from elsewhere.


Just to give an idea of the sheer size of the Mamlambo, here it is next to a couple of human sized and smaller figures. It's a really large model that will make an excellent centrepiece fight or big reveal. One day, I guess . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment