Monday 4 March 2024

Plans for March

 
I've got quite a few commitments this month, but lets try and set some goals. I had a delivery a while ago for the next "big" project. I'm not sure I'll get it all assembled this month, but I definitely want to get started... And the reveal as to what it will be is coming a little later on in this post.


Along with the Frameworks kits I looted for parts in January that I got assembled in February, there were two more that I got in case I needed them then didn't open... One is just short basing texture, the other is still on sprue. Lets get them assembled, shall we?


That said, the "ready to paint" tray is basically full, so no more "fun little side paint" assembly until a whole bunch of this lot get painted... If I really want to assemble stuff there's all sorts of dull repairs sitting waiting to be done, even if it doesn't generate any content for the blog...


I've got this small assortment of half finished works in progress to sort out. None of them are particularly time consuming, so should be good for the delicious brain chemicals you get from finishing something. There's plenty to pick from the tray once these are done...


As the project assembly is a biggie, I've dug out the Imetrons I had been thinking of painting last month before I got distracted with a couple of Battlemechs. While the big work this month is project assembly, I want to keep the pace going on getting projects painted.


So, the big project assembly... This is sadly not full boxes. I sold the knights ages ago, leaving only the peasants. Still, it's not the end of the world, I can pick up new ones once I've got these done. The current plan is to paint a Mousillon force, as Warhammer: The Old World is set before its fall.

One thing I haven't decided yet is the colour scheme. The canonical scheme for the Duchy of Mousillon in this time period is blue with fleur de lys, but other sources have them in a yellow and black quartered scheme. I quite like the yellow and black scheme, but I reckon I could do a really solid blue scheme too. I'll probably paint a couple of the palette cleansers in each scheme to help make me the decision.

Why am I putting time into assembling Bretonnians while also saying I have enough stuff assembled? I split my hobby painting between "projects" which are things I game with or super fancy time consuming paint jobs, and "fun little things", which is random bits and pieces and D&D models that are smaller numbers of models who get simple tabletop paint jobs. I've ended up focusing more on the latter for a while, and while its built my painting momentum, it's time to get back to getting stuff done to play with.

2 comments:

  1. Shed loads of peasants. And one Wyatt Tyler might be quicker than another bucket load of knights...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the scrubs will be pretty quick and simple paint job, while I suspect the knights are going to be a bit of a faff.

      Delete