Monday 2 September 2024

Going places and doing things?

 
So, it's been a pretty busy week, all told. I've been Going Out and Doing Things an awful lot, which meant that I haven't had a huge amount of time to get any hobby done. I did manage to do a bunch of tidying on the hobby desk so it didn't look quite this bad, but I think it's deteriorated again as I sorted my KR cases to work out what models I was taking out and how I was packing them.


Early in the week I did grab a few of my Combined army models who needed basing material adding to get that done.


The basing material takes a long while to dry, so getting it done early means that when the weather breaks to allow some undercoating, they can be ready to go.


Wednesday night I had a practice game for Saturday's tournament. I took a bunch of profiles I haven't tried before to see if they were good. My opponent hadn't played in a while, but brought a pretty tasty Tohaa list, and some models didn't survive long enough for me to determine if they're good or not. One that did was the Rindak, a heavy infantry paramedic who can deploy into the midfield. He's pretty tough, and while he was eventually taken out, he's a tough nut to crack and I'm keen to try him out again.


The other model I tried out was the Caskuda I'd just assembled. It has to drop in, and with the table we had and not having been able to clear reaction pieces, I had nowhere good to drop it in. I went after the sniper who was pinning me down, but it just got exploded by reactions before it could really do anything.


Saturday was Red Star Blues at HATE (Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts). It was a three round tournament with Frontline, Unmasking and Firefight. I was bringing my vanilla Combined again. I'll write up what happened later - I've got other blog posts planned for this week, but maybe next week?


Sunday was a Bring and Buy at HATE. I went up to the storage unit and picked up a bunch of stuff I'd packed up previously before getting a cab down to the club.


It was a pretty productive day clearing things out. I sold enough bits and pieces to cover the cab ride from the storage unit and the cab ride home, so its a net success. It was good to get back to selling things.

This many things to do in a week was massively exhausting. It was all fun and productive, but also A Lot. I definitely feel like a bit of a rest after all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment