Monday 23 April 2018

Daughters of the Burning Rose - Anvil Industry Kickstarter


As I mentioned in last week's Salute post, Anvil Industry are currently running a Kickstarter for their "Daughters of the Burning Rose" miniatures.


So firstly, having seen the miniatures in person, I can definitely recommend them. They are wonderfully detailed, well cast, and have a nice consistent theme across the range.


Obviously, one of the most common uses for heavily armoured sci fi warrior women will be as Sisters of Battle in Warhammer 40,000. Many people will have seen the announcement by Games Workshop that they'll be releasing Sisters in 2019, with an open development process. So why buy these now?

Well, if you only play in your local Games Workshop, then no, you won't be able to get to use them there. But otherwise? You'll still be able to use both these and the new Games Workshop plastics. These aren't a direct rip off - there's clear tips of the hat, sure, but they are their own thing and I don't feel bad about buying them. They're also sensibly proportioned and armoured, with no over-sexualised nonsense that I've seen so far.

In short - these are the sort of figures that there's been a bit of a shortage of up until now, and it should be encouraged. If you can spare even a token amount for a single figure or squad, I'd recommend throwing it into the pot now to show that there is a market for this sort of thing and it's worth doing.


To finish, this magnificent figure - it's a "10 up" figure that Anvil basically put together because they could. Pretty awesome, right?

Disclaimer: I am friends with the owners of Anvil Industry. However, I've not received any free product from them and this isn't a paid advertisement. I'm promoting something I think there should be more of in this hobby, because I think it's awesome and you'll like it to.

6 comments:

  1. I don't really have a good use for the basic troopers from this, but I've really been thinking about picking up some of the characters. Not sure I can afford to go in on another KS right now, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My raging heroines are now painted up. It would have been foolish to punt a few quid into this one as well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intending to use them as 30k Imperialis Auxilia militia with the survivors of a dark age provenance.

    ReplyDelete