Monday 14 August 2023

How I started my weekend


Gleeful that it was finally the weekend, I headed into the hobby room to be confronted by a massive pile of Infinity purchases that had arrived earlier in the week. It turned out that The Games Table in Norwich had a short (now finished) sale to clear space to transition from shop to more of a venue focus. Half off Infinity prices was too good to pass up, and the last of my July hobby budget vanished immediately. With the Action Pack being a duplicate I'd picked up for some, but not all of the sculpts, I then listed the models I didn't want on my eBay, and put the rest away.


Next up was a box from Blood Medusa Paints containing some Tanares miniatures she'd painted for me for D&D. So these were unpacked, photographed, and put on the tray for being put away. There will be a blog post in a couple of weeks showing them off.


Next up, a handful of O-12 miniatures I finished undercoating on a lunchbreak earlier this week but hadn't had time to take off their box. So they got photoed and added to the tray of things to be put away.

The next pile is all my Siocast Infinity. I've managed to schedule a game on Wednesday, so the rest of my hobby focus for the weekend will be getting as many of these as possible cleaned up and assembled so I have the option of playing my Nomads.

If it wasn't for the upcoming Infinity game, the goal would be working on reducing my "work in progress" - finishing up what's on my paint table, maybe starting my next big paint project, and finding something half assembled to get ready for undercoating. I'm also considering digging into my boxes to find some new things to send off to my commission painters as I've had a few things back recently. I may still do some of these things in between scraping mould lines any time my back needs a break...

1 comment: