Friday 25 August 2023

Infinity: Learning Nomads: Capture and Protect


Last week I headed down to Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts (HATE) at Bethnal Green to take my Nomads on their first N4 outing. I was facing one of the club who was running his Bakunin to practice for an Infinity Tournament at Troll Trader Bromley. I took a relatively generic Nomad list to start getting a handle on what's good.


The mission was Capture and Protect to help practice for the tournament. It was an odd Bakunin list - designed more for the mission than the strengths of Bakunin, without a link team. It ran one of the new profiles for the Lizard TAG, using my opponent's very well painted Iguana miniature.


My Intruder Sniper was a terror but was able to be mostly moved around until it could be neutralised. To make space for other things, my "big gun" was only a Mobile Brigada. It performed OK, but when it went to make a run for the box, ended up getting hacked and immobilised.


In the third turn, I didn't have the ability to catch up in points and win, but I had a chance of scoring some points. My Zero Minelayer did a complicated run utilising its camo to get to the box and pick it up, surviving some unopposed shots from the Lizard.

All in all, it was a fun game, and while I lost heavily, I was really happy to get back to my Nomads, and I really enjoyed using the different profiles. I've got a bunch of ideas for things I'd like to try, but it's reinvigorated my love of Infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment