Thursday 25 January 2024

Warhammer Store Free Beastman

 
At the weekend I was in Bristol for a LARP - a player run event sent in the Empire setting, where a bunch of magicians were getting together to discuss magic and politics. I travelled down the night before so I had an easy commute on the day, but found myself with a spare morning. I decided to check out some local gaming shops, and pottered into the local Warhammer store.

I ended up spending all my available time there, as these days you can assembled a miniature which you can then take home and keep. This month's miniature was a Warhammer 40,000 chaos beastman, and they're a bit of the setting I've been fond of for quite a while.


You seem to need to assemble the miniature in the store, but you can use their tools to do so. They also give you a little cardboard box to take him away in. He also came on his own dedicated sprue, so they're casting these up specifically for the "assemble and take away" thing in the stores.


He was a fun assembly job - not too complicated, not too many parts. He's clearly been designed for the younger modellers or newer hobbyists to be able to take part in.

This is the sort of thing that's good for Games Workshop stores to be getting involved in. There were also folk coming in for their Duke of Edinburgh Award to do painting and crafting. In game store activities like this that let people learn about the hobby are how we get the next generation of gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment