Monday 15 October 2018

On the move...


Hobby is mostly on hold in the house at the moment as most of my hobby stuff is packed away in boxes for the ever delayed house move. We're nearly there!


When not packing, I've been daydreaming about hobby plans once I'm at the new place. There are definite "new leaf" plans.

  • As part of the move, I sorted model projects into whether I still loved them or not, and whether or not I had an active plan for them. Unloved models with no plan are being sold off.
  • Everything I buy from now on should get completed within a calendar year of purchase.
  • Stuff I love and have a plan for is aiming to get done by the end of 2019.
  • Anything I love but have no plan for, or have a plan for and don't love needs to progress forward by the end of 2019.
  • I should have no more stuff assembled and ready to paint than I completed in the past rolling twelve months - which at the current rate of progress is four small projects!
  • Two out, one in on models. I've got enough to be getting on with right now without buying new stuff.
Goodness knows how long this will last (the last in particular is likely to suffer at the expense of rounding out my Druze force for this year's ITS season).

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. That's a good sort for the unfinished stuff. I should do that when I move in the spring. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move! Great excuse to have a clear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Nothing like having to put everything into boxes to ask yourself “Do I really need this?”

      Delete