I'm pleased to say that I've finished off "Elanter, the Lost Prince". I actually finished him last week but:
- Being busy at work meant I'd built up a backlog of Infinity battle reports and I wanted to spread them out
- I've been down a cave all weekend crewing for a LARP, so I didn't get any painting done this weekend!
The contrast paints are good. They cover nicely and give you a really good start to add blending and more contrast to. They do look distinctively 'wash' like, so adding an extra drybrush over the top can both mask this and add an extra level of contrast that really makes them pop. But they're fine for a tabletop quality paint job for a battle.
You do have to be super careful about how long they take to dry, though. I was impatient a few times and it caused me problems that took a long time to fix. These worked fine over a Corax White undercoat, and alongside normal GW layer paints.
Next coming down the track are the Gnawlochs from Oakbound. There's nine in total, but at this point, the other five were outside drying still. You can really see the difference between the "Wraithbone" and "Grey Seer" undercoat sprays plain over metal.
The other five I'm trying out the method the Convertorum blog described to paint some Space Marines. This takes a little longer to set up, so you'll have to wait until my next blog to see the compare and contrast there!