Monday 11 July 2016

Heresy Miniatures: More than a little awesome


 Last Sunday, I headed down to Dark Sphere, as they were having a day of assembly and painting - primarily for Age of Sigmar, but really for anything you fancied. They had staff on hand for beginners, but as I pretend to know what I'm doing, I got on with assembling the massive pile of stuff on my 'to do' pile at the moment.


In an effort to keep my stash under control, I've been giving Peachey Models some money to assemble some of my stuff. The latest batch they got was a bunch of figures from Heresy Miniatures.


I'd asked for the models not to be based, so I could be fussy and do my own thing with the basing. So, in between the other projects, I got all the basing on the Heresy stuff finished off and them all ready for undercoating.


With larger orders, you will sometimes get some extra figures. These zombies were free with this order - I've not quite worked out what I'm going to do with them yet, but they're really nice, so I'm sure I'll find a use for them.


Some of these models are going to find their way into my Chaos forces - these will probably serve as marauders or thugs, depending on which edition I'm playing at the time.


This delightful lady would not be out of place in many Frostgrave warbands.


I got her on the principle that you can never have too many wizards, and she can serve as a fantasy civilian just as easily as a spell caster in an army.


This fierce cheiftan will be leading a warband of non GW figures in my Chaos forces.


Whereas here, we have a ragged, undercover member of the Ordo Chronos. The xenotech he's holding is probably dangerous. Filthy radicals!


And another cool female wizard figure. Looking forward to painting her up in time.

2 comments:

  1. Nice bunch, Esp liking the last two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get another batch assembled up (I have a couple more boxes - another order from a while back, plus most of a Kickstarter). But I think I'll be painting a few things first. I've been getting a ton assembled, but I haven't finished anything in ages!

      Delete