Thursday 24 October 2024

White Company Last Few Bits and Pieces

 
I had a few more miniatures painted for my White Company by Tesseract Miniature Studios for the end of N4. It was a mix of some newer miniatures, niche profiles and filling out some utility pieces. There's more to come - I've got a couple of repairs to do, and I've separated out some miniatures with a different theme that will be in a different batch.


I added a couple of remotes to the commission to round the force out. I already had one of each Dronbot, so was looking to pick duplicates. I went with a second Fugazi and a Sierra. The Fugazi is a cheap repeater remote with a flash pulse that provides a cheap order and potentially a light ARO. Meanwhile, the Sierra is a Total Reaction remote armed with a Heavy Machine Gun. Having the option to take two Sierras gives an option for a relatively strong ARO presence.


The reinforcements update added a few profiles to White Company (after a short delay). White Company gained the Blade Ops and the Blocker. The centre model here is the Blocker, while on either side are different Blade Ops profiles.

The Blade Ops are very elite light infantry, with either a Boarding Shotgun profile that just fights, or an SMG Engineer profile that can either join a fireteam or deploy up the field. The Blocker can't join a fireteam in White Company, and his equipment of an Adhesive Launcher, Nanopulser and Flash Pulse doesn't lend well to a solo attack piece. However, with the Sensor skill and a Hacker profile he could be an option to fill a troop slot that provides a utility piece and back up hacker.


There was recently a limited edition Varangian Guard miniature I picked up, who I thought looked great, so picked him up and included him in the commission.


Finally, we have a Kunai with Shock Marksman Rifle and a Guilang Hacker. The Kunai is quite pricey for what he is, and as a shooting piece is not a particularly good shot. I've not had much success with him so far. The Guilang, meanwhile, means I now have two Guilang models to match the availability in White Company. While in N4 I've mostly relied on the White Company fireteams, I may try using more midfield skirmishers with them in N5.

No comments:

Post a Comment