Monday 25 April 2016

Getting back on the horse, and a surprise guest


So, threatening myself with a complete lack of potential content, I finally knuckled down this weekend and broke the painting block, finishing off the second Heresy familiar I'm using as a Changeling in Malifaux. Sure, there's things I'd touch up, but he's a gaming piece, he's finished, and I have more to do!

There is pretty constant assembly going on at the moment - but scraping mould lines and pinning to bases and assembling multi-part plastic kits isn't hugely good blog reading. Hopefully now the pace will pick up and I'll retain some consistency.


I am glad I can't see the future. I got home today to this gorgeous chap waiting for me on the mat. He's an Inquisitor kitbash by Whiskey Priest from The Leadpile. I won a competition a while ago, and, as a fellow sufferer of hobby block, there was a bit of a delay before I got him. Solidarity!

This wretched fellow just needs a little basing love, and then he'll be ready for the table. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a game, but if I can get him done soon, I'm tempted to try and sort out a game of some sort down at the Overlords in May some time and get some nice photos for a battle report on the blog. I've had a few commissions come back that haven't fired a shot in anger yet, so they'll need their bad luck draining off from their paint.

Still, positivity abounds, and you all have two nicely painted miniatures to see on my blog. Onwards!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see he arrived ok. I hope he wins you some games. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably need more help than just a figure, unless he's particularly lucky? ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You were saying only the other week I should do some INQ28. Turns out, an awesome other person did some for me!

      Delete
  3. I love that homebrew Inquisitor. He's got a great expression on his face. Very inquisitorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a face that has seen horrors that would have broken lesser men. :)

      Delete