Monday 23 December 2019

A tidy desk is the sign of a tidy . . . oh dear


I've not really done any hobby stuff for the past couple of weeks. Or rather, I've been selling off clutter and catching up on reading White Dwarf. Oh, and I saw the new Star Wars, which I personally thought was excellent.

Sadly, this doesn't really give much basis for a good hobby blog post. I've got a tournament report to write up and had a couple of games of Infinity beside that, but looking back I didn't take particularly great pictures to illustrate a blog post on them...


The challenge right now is not to feel guilty for taking a break. Or doing other things. Striking the balance between "getting into a habit of painting regularly" and "making sure it doesn't start feeling like a chore" is one I'm still not getting right yet.

I don't want to feel like this is a grumble. It's more a flow of conscious. The thing is, life is good. I read some White Dwarfs. I saw a movie which I really liked. I've got more clutter out of my house which makes me happy. I did that rather than something else. Understanding that opportunity cost without regretting whatever thing you chose to do is something I definitely want to get better at.

I won't be doing much hobby stuff over Christmas, but I hope to get a post in before the New Year. Until then, have a great holiday season, however you celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment