Monday 6 January 2020

Starting the year as I don't intend to go on


I spent a good deal of time last week day dreaming about how much painting I was going to get done last weekend. My wife is away at a wedding all weekend so I was confident that without having to worry about being inconsidering I could knuckle down and blitz ahead with the painting. Especially as I'm away for the next two weekends at various LARP events.

As it was, I wasn't hugely in the mood, I really needed to catch up on a bunch of housework and chores, and also managed to catch a bug that knocked me out for most of a day.

Still, Sunday mid afternoon I dragged myself to the painting desk, determined to get something done.


In between other jobs, I assembled Bishop for my Outcasts Viktoria crew. He's got a really weird gap on his arm that will need a little Green Stuff, and I wanted to be certain the glue was dry before messing about with that. So one little job for the the future.


Two previously assembled metal miniatures I hadn't undercoated got their relevant undercoats. The Shasvastii Caliban is the last of my Operation Wildfire Shasvastii. Meanwhile, the Queek Headtaker model is going to be a Claw Lord in my Skaven army. He was picked up when the Skaven book came out as a Made to Order.

I promise I'll move on to the rank and file once I've finished faffing about with the Malifaux crew and I've done a quick mould line removal job on those overdue scatter terrain crates...


In an effort to put some paint on something, I grabbed the Diehard Miniatures Space Skeleton. He's 2 of 3 of the models from their Undead Kickstarter on my Shelf of Shame, so I thought it worth getting him done.

The red on his overalls was an attempt to play around with possible Nomad colour schemes for Infinity. Broadly - green washes are excellent for desaturating colour and I really like the effect, but Vallejo paints seem to really not agree with dry brushing at all.

So . . . no models painted, but no models bought, either. Sadly, another item has crept onto the Shelf of Shame. However, I have managed to get through a week without buying any models, so I'm at least on track, six days into the New Year, on that resolution to not buy more minis than I've painted.

Feel free, future reader, to laugh at how badly I failed at this. But I'm at least optimistic right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment