Monday 3 August 2015

Getting things done in July


Well, I got over myself and finished up the priest. I seem to have forgotten how to get colour balance right in photos, though.

I've had a bit of review of how things are going and realised I have a whole ton of things that are started but not finished - particularly stuff that's assembled but not yet painted. I shouldn't have more than three years of stuff at varying stages of "in progress". That is foolishness itself!

So, rules! Which I have not broken since they were introduced!
  • Finish two projects, can start a new one
  • Start two projects, can buy one new one
Bigger projects need enough slots to fill - so if I want the new Age of Sigmar box, that's 13 units, which means having started 26 projects and completed 52 of them.

I've also split my "to do" pile into two categories - stuff I want to paint, and stuff I want to game with. If I have hobby budget left over at the end of the month because I've not finished enough stuff, then it gets ploughed into hiring commission painters to get stuff done for me.

The combination of these two things has actually seen me get pretty motivated. I'm no longer trying to slog through projects because I want to game with them, and am focussing on painting models I want to paint.

Stay tuned, because next week's blog post is something particularly special.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I love a good, feasible, well worked out plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a simple one, which helps. Farming out about two KR cases full of Guard and other bits and pieces to people has really helped me feel I'm getting on top of stuff!

      Delete
  2. ^ I'm with Stupid.

    Also, exciting news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that exciting! But you'll have to be patient until next week to see what's up.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see a nice simple plan and that it hasn't been broken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been long - I'm sure I'll stuff it up in time. ;)

      Delete