Monday 16 January 2023

First models of the year

 
I did not expect, at the start of the week, that I'd have finished painting Corax Hasht. They were in my lists for the Infinity Tournament at the Wayland Games Centre last weekend, and I was fully expecting to have to varnish their half finished paint job to protect it some point mid way through the week.

In the end, though, I knuckled down and painted in evenings and over lunch breaks while working from home and got him completely finished. I haven't really used him much in practice yet - he's a list swap in from a test list that didn't work so well. I'm writing this before I went to the tournament last weekend (scheduled posts are weird from a time perspective), so you'll have to wait to hear how he actually worked out in practice.


I also finished this Blackmane Gnoll Ravager by Reaper Miniatures. He's just a quick tabletop quality job to get him ready to use in RPGs when needed. I had particular fun giving him a gold tooth on a whim, which I feel gives him a bit of extra character as a bit showy.

2 comments:

  1. I like these, especially that Gnoll! Nice start to 2023 sir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Contrast does so much on the first coat, painting "traditionally" like I did the gnoll means I have a long period of "It's awful, it's terrible, I hate it" before suddenly it starts looking good and then I get excited and finish it...

      Delete