I'm getting itchy about not having painted in a while. I'm perfectly set up to assemble a few more things (a Dungeons and Lasers Ettin and the Halfling team Treemen) but this won't make me feel quite the same in terms of getting something finished. So there's some set up I need to do in my hobby space to be ready to paint anything, so that's next on the docket.
I had XNOO by the Merry Mushmen arrive. This is a huge 276 pages of comics, articles and short stories with an old school fantasy feel. I've absolutely adored it. I definitely had some "misses", but it reminded me of reading 2000AD magazines as a child in terms of the type of content and the general vibe of the thing. It's quite possibly my favourite thing this year, and I'm really happy to have got it.
Also arriving this weekend was the new Necromunda. I'm deeply annoyed at the end of Warhammer Digital, but my reasoning for not getting into Necromunda before was always that the rules had gotten too complex across too many books. With some local folks interested, I decided to grab the new edition and get something sorted.
While I probably have all the models I need to paint up a Genestealer cult gang, I'd read some advice that indicated that they weren't a great idea for a starter gang. So I decided to pick up a box of Cawdor, the gang I played as a yoof, as a small and simple project. It'll probably be a little while before I start assembling these as I do need to read the rules a little bit and understand how gangs get assembled before I go and put together an unplayable combination of options or something.




No comments:
Post a Comment