Last Sunday, I staggered out of bed, barely recovered from Bootleg BOYL to head over to PeachCon 2026 in Derby. We were arriving early as we were helping Bad Squiddo Games get set up, but once the colouring in tables were set up and Annie was helping customers, I was free to ramble as I pleased.
There were an assortment of different wargames going on, both demo and participation. In this case, a huge Napoleonics game was being set up to play.
Some companies were demoing their games. Here, Warlord Games were offering a demo of Konflikt '47.
I shall add another mark on the "Times the Author has seen this Demo of Warmachine, Meant To Go Back Later, And Run Out Of Time At The Show" tally. It's embarrassingly high now.
There was also a lovely display of Relicblade miniatures / possibly a demo table.
I keep on eyeing up Relicblade miniatures to use as figures in roleplaying games, but currently I have no shortage of those already queued up to paint so I haven't quite gotten around to it yet.
A gentleman was promoting his hobby shop by offering a lucky dip bag of free miniatures. He had this amazing flag on his backpack to let people know what he was doing.
Satyr Art Studio was also at PeachCon, and his stall was slightly quieter, letting me snap a couple of photos of some of his range. There's so much of it I would buy if I had the funds / time to fit in the projects, but I only have so many hours in the day.
I do think there's a project in putting together an "Oldhammer" style army using all small independent modern producers, but I need to finish some existing projects before starting too many new ones.
The Tabletop Smithy was also there, selling an assortment of useful things for roleplaying games and painters. The item that really caught my attention was the teapot paint pot holder, where the handle has a mechanism to hold onto a Games Workshop paint lid. Absolute genius!
The free miniature I got from Penumbra Hobbies is this sci fi officer who was made from an assortment of resin bits.
Someone had also brought several bin bags of slate bits for people to help themselves to, and I grabbed a few bits for both basing and miniature photography.
I also had a bit of a slip and grabbed quite a few bits of Krakon Games line from Bad Squiddo. Probably a bit more than I should have, but there's some really fun sculpts here that I think are hidden gems.
I also picked up a Peach the Unremarkable (actually my first purchase of the day and the most deliberate souvenir), and an air elemental from Warhost which will join my growing roster of RPG baddies.
And finally, I had a little slip and picked up some more Satyr Art Studio models. I'd been eyeing up a blister of wraiths which sold out before I made a decision, but I ended up picking up a couple of blisters. The dwarfs will get painted up as a dwarven town guard in case my adventurers get into some trouble with the law, while the motley crew of sci fi pirates will be joining a few other figures as a gang for a future Helsreach participation game, when I get organised enough to do so, anyway...















No comments:
Post a Comment