Thursday 15 July 2021

A pause for reflection


While I was focussing all my hobby time on getting ten Shasvastii done for the Corvus Belli painting competition, I noticed how much stuff was building up elsewhere.

Now, when thinking about hobby, I've realised I'm very bad at keeping track of how long it all takes. I end up just thinking about the painting, but not realising how much time prep, assembly, basing and undercoating takes at one end, and photographing and varnishing at the other end.

Thing is, I have shown myself that I can get a nice chunk of a painting project done in about a month and a half.

Now the rush is done, I'm planning on clearing the decks, having a bit of a tidy up, maybe doing a couple of simple figures as a change of pace, then settling into a new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment