Monday 24 October 2022

Battletech: Lyran Guards Griffin

 
Painting this week, I've finished the second model from the Battletech Beginner's box, a Griffin. This one I've painted up in the paint scheme for the Lyran Guards, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


I undercoated the model in Mechanicus Standard Grey, then drybrushed up the white with a light grey and white, then the blue with two different blues. The cockpit glass was then re-undercoated, and I added some gradient from white to grey top to bottom, before dotting in a red contrast paint. Finally, I hand painted in the bars around the glass, and did the base.


As a tabletop quality paint job, there's a couple of small flaws. There's a couple of places I really couldn't get the white drybrush so it's a little more grey underneath. Also, the white road lines on the base aren't quite lined up, but you only spot that from some angles and not others.

All in all, I'm happy with the technique and feel like it works just fine for getting some tabletop quality mechs lined up for the table. I've got the "Game of Armored Combat" boxed set, along with a couple of Urbanmechs, and the plan now is to get them prepped for paint so I can have a playable force.

No comments:

Post a Comment