Thursday 12 October 2023

Infinity Battle Report: Taking New Models to Supplies

 
My latest batch of Infinity assembly came back from the person I commission it out to, and on a whim I decided to just take all the new units in a single list, along with the Gator which I managed to finish building the evening before...

I arranged a game of Supplies with a friend who is still learning Infinity. They were bringing JSA, although I wrote my list before I remembered what faction they play...


To be clear, this is not a good list, nor is it meant to be...

The new units were the Heckler, the Motorized Bounty Hunter, the Cube Jager, the Zondnautica and Aida Swanson. Plus, of course, the Gator that I'd assembled. Broadly, the idea here was for the Gator to clear any big threats, then free up space for attack pieces like Aida or the Zondnautica to sweep into the gaps.

The holes in this list are broadly the lack of MSV and the lack of Hacking Devices. I brought a Killer Hacker to defend the TAG, but lacked anything to lock down enemy heavy infantry, which in a faction like Nomads was a definite oversight.


I set up the Gator on the right hand side, with the Moderators, one of whom is my Lieutenant, chill out on nearby rooftops. A Reaktion Zond and Warcor cover my ARO presence.


Meanwhile on the left, my bikes were ready to sweep up the flank, while Aida chilled out in the middle with the intent of being a Problem.


JSA took the first turn and a bike hacker went and grabbed a box under spoke thrown by Yojimbo, and then ran away.


I opened my turn having the Gator running up a ladder to take out some of the JSA ARO pieces...


Bother.

This basically took the Gator out of the battle. I rolled poor dice and took a missile and a flash pulse and it All Went Wrong. Aida Swanson went for a little walk and shot the awful link team Missile Launcher to death instead, but that was most of what I managed to achieve this turn...


The bike hacker came back out from it's hidey-hole. Yojimbo grabbed the box and headed back to safety, while the bike hacker then ran and grabbed a second box and also settled down at the back of the board.
 

With minimal options left, I ran the Zondnautica Spitfire up to try and clear the Ryuken Unit-9. There was a brief exchange of gunfire, but it ended in the biker a smoking corpse and the Ryuken Unit-9 was unharmed.

Off camera, my Cube Jager managed to grab a box under the cover of a Morlock's smoke.


Neko Oyama proceeded to go on an absolute rampage down the centre of the table and smushed my centre. The Tomcat Engineer came on to try and take out Yojimbo, now hiding on a roof. A couple of flamethrower shots were dodged, and then the Tomcat was brutally cut in half and I was out of the running...

Still, I had a fun game, and got a good idea of what at least some of the units do. I'll probably try and write an actually good list for my next practice game, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment