Saturday 21 June 2014

William Blake Mosaics, near Dark Sphere - Lambeth, London

It seems I'm oblivious, because it took me a while to notice these.


They are just around the corner from my local gaming store, Dark Sphere. I took some photos of them when I finally noticed them back in April, and scheduled to put the photos up once I'd finished all the Salute stuff.


Sadly, it seems that someone decided to steal some of the mosaics. The sign explains that the abstract pieces are done by local children until the originals can be recreated.


I'm not sure which, if any, of the remaining mosaics are "originals" or reproductions done after the theft.



This ceramic plaque lists the artists who worked on the mosaics.



I do not know all the William Blake references in the pictures.


I hope you liked the slightly off topic post. If you like this sort of thing, you should potter over to Tears of Envy. She posts many eclectic things.

No comments:

Post a Comment