Monday 13 April 2020

Bank Holiday Hobby Halflings


Before I start on the main topic of the post, may I direct you to the Support Small Hobby Companies link at the top of my blog. In these trying times, there's a few suggestions of small companies you could support with a few hobby purchases if you have the spare funds. I'm also open to suggestions for additions, or corrections if they end up suspending deliveries.

Over the Bank Holiday weekend, I've managed to finish up the Wargames Atlantic Halflings that I've been pottering along with for a good while. I'm still relying on natural sunlight in my photo box because I can't find the cable for the lights.

 I still feel last week's photos came out better. Need to work out what I did differently!

Well, really, I need to just work out what type of connection it is and order a new one from the Internet, let's be honest.

In short - fun little break, gave me a good insight into how I'll need to stay sane while painting my Skaven. If you want cheap models that will give you solid rank and file Halfling infantry, they're a good pick. The detail is soft in areas and there's a very limited weapon selection - you won't be able to buy a box and make all archers or pikemen, for example. They're still quite characterful and I do rather like them.


I fixed the base edge of the undead satyr familiar from Diehard Miniatures, so I can take a photo of this side of him now!

This isn't everything I got done over the long weekend, but as I'm now out of battle reports, I'm going to space things out a little more through the week in the hope of starting to be able to schedule posts in advance again.

I now leave you with some glamour shots of the individual Halflings.






2 comments:

  1. These little dudes are cool as hell - as is the fact that you're supporting the smaller manufacturers. I've been doing a little to support a local(ish) hobby place in AU who I do the odd mail order from, but it's hard to find things I want/need/can use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, with my "terrible enabler" hat on, I believe Frostgrave released some PDF solo play rules, and you could possibly put together a little solo play campaign of all the small Aussie manufacturers models fighting each other.
      I'd totally be up for watching the Guild of Harmony steampunk models fighting their way through the Heironymous Bosch models from Eureka, for example!
      #helping
      That said, your progress in clearing your old leadpile is really inspiring and I should really put a little time into that too.

      Delete