Wednesday 29 April 2020

Work in Progress Wednesday: Otherworld Miniatures


Here's something else I've got queued up for painting in the future. This is an assortment of miniatures from Otherworld Miniatures.


I really like a lot of the old style that Otherworld infuses into their miniatures. The guard looks like he's spent hours on duty and is Just Done. The scrawny henchman carrying all the gear doesn't look like he can heroically take out twenty goblins. He's just here to carry the heavy bags.


Meanwhile, the Satyr and Dryad cover different aspects of strange creatures of the wild. I like the classical style on the Dryad's dress in particular to mean that it ties in with the classical look of the satyr.


This dwarf mercenary was in the sale because they don't sell enough of them. I have no idea why, as he's just a lovely simple sculpt full of character. Some people have no taste!

I'm looking forward to these getting to the front of my painting queue. In the meantime, why not check out Otherworld Miniatures and pick up a few models?

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved the fine details on the Otherworld stuff. Looking forward to seeing these again soon with more colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! There's likely to be a little wait as there's a few things to get done ahead of them, but as I'd got them assembled and base coated, I thought it worth giving everyone a little preview. :)

      Delete
  2. Otherworld is my favourite mini company there is a lot of character in every one. I’ve got the dwarf mercenary think the reason he’s not popular is because he is way out of scale with everything else, still a great mini though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy stuff from so many different companies that scale is a vague guideline, so no wonder I didn't notice!

      Delete