Monday 20 April 2020

Club Scatter Terrain


Last year, one of Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts passed away. Their family asked that we arrange a charity sale of their gaming collection, and I picked up a whole pile of crates to use as scatter terrain for the club Infinity tables.

I originally thought they were from Maelstrom's Edge terrain sprues, but an astute reader has corrected me that they're actually from a Mantic Games kit. A few of them had some small casting defects, but nothing major.

I did make a poor life choice and try and paint the entire lot as a single batch which meant I ended up spending a week burnt out and doing no painting at all. Still, they're done now, and it brings my total for the year up to 30 models painted. Halfway to the year's target, and it's only April!


As a side note - why is my camera going all "soft focus" on the shots in my light box? I know I'm missing the light strip due to a missing cable, but as you can see from this photo taken on my painting table, it's focusing just fine there!

If anyone knows anything about iPhone phone cameras and their mysteries, please do get in touch.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a case on the phone, as it could be interfering with the sensors..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no case. Sim thinks she knows what the problem is and intends to look at it later.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the crates. They look like the ones sold by Mantic: https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/battlezones/28261-battlezones-sci-fi-urban-accessories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good spot! I had some freebies from both companies and must have got them muddled. I've corrected my blog post. Thanks hugely!

      Delete