Thursday 2 April 2020

HATE Infinity League: Acquisition: Nomads vs Haqqislam


In the before times, when Outside could be visited freely, I managed to get my second game in for the HATE Infinity League. The mission was Acquisition, and my opponent was running vanilla Haqqislam.

Also, I can actually remembered what happened in this game, which helps.


I'd left a Reaktion Zond out to hold up the advance and hopefully pick off a few warbands as they tried to advance. While it did a little, it was quickly taken out by the classic Multispectral Visor Level 2 shooting through Smoke trick that Total Reaction remotes have always been weak to. I'd hoped to delay him a little more, but no such luck...


His Namurr, a relatively new unit and a pretty solid attack piece, ran all over causing me a lot of problems. It was a pretty cagey battle with both of us losing key positioned pieces as we went, but having a lot of pieces further back able to feed orders in while little able to directly assist themselves.


I used a Hollow Man Spitfire to clear out a lot of the Haqq offensive pieces on one side, but left it over-extended for the counter attack.


Meanwhile the Libertos had a go at make a run for the Haqq Datatracker, but couldn't quite make it and died to a volley of defensive fire.


My Datatracker, a Taskmaster, spent far too many orders on my second turn taking out ARO pieces, and more importantly, taking a wound. The Namurr had encountered a similar problem, and was in "No Wound Incapacitation" state, meaning he'd die to a particularly aggressive sneeze.


He managed to duck in behind the centre console, as well defended as he could be, waiting for my last turn to try and take it off him.


The Taskmaster started making his run, dealing with a couple of weak ARO pieces who'd been left out to try and stop him.


But I'd not been able to clear a Repeater hidden in a nearby building and as I tried to clear the Namurr, the Hacker landed a successful attack and immobilised him in place in full view of the Namurr!


I didn't have enough orders left to unstick him and make the short distance to the centre console, leaving Haqq with a 7 - 2 victory, in a really fun game that could have gone either way for most of the action!

Writing the report up has reminded me how much fun I have playing Infinity, so here's hoping I can get back to playing it safely soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment