Saturday 2 May 2020

Not-Salute Saturday: XLC and Black Scorpion Miniatures


The last of my "Not Salute" orders arrived over this week, so lets take a look at what I picked up. First up was a moderate sized order from Black Scorpion Miniatures. They're best known for doing high quality pirate miniatures, both historical and fantasy. They were offering this adorable plague doctor as their "show" miniature, which I just couldn't pass up.


To pad out the order to get up to the amount I needed to spend to get the plague doctor, I picked up these undead cowboys. I've realised that I'm currently holding off on painting my Malifaux crew because I'm unsure of a planned paint scheme and am nervous of messing it up. I'll use these four as test paints to get a good idea of what I'm planning to do.


But here's the models that drew me to Black Scorpion in the first place. Their two offerings of "Mercenaries" are lovely, characterful thugs and ne'erdowells that I'm really looking forward to getting paint on.


I'm pleased to say now I've got them in hand that their resin casts are nice and crisp, and should clean up a treat.


I've spent a couple of years looking super thoughtfully at XLC Wargaming Terrain, and decided to get a small building to try out. My one worry is that they're not intended for Infinity, so often have roofs that can't be reached until a model deploys there and other things I find annoying in Infinity tables. I'm just going to be picky with which ones I select to buy from a game play perspective, and it will be fine. There's still plenty of viable options.

No comments:

Post a Comment