Another slow week for painting. I plugged through a few more of the Mantic Terrain Crate pieces, but I'll save photos of them for when they're all finished now. I also painted up this monster nest that was a freebie with the first Oathsworn Miniatures "Heroines in Sensible Shoes" Kickstarter. I just needed a quick win, and this was the nearest thing to hand.
I've also realised that I've been avoiding painting because the hobby room is a mess, and any time I go in there I realise I should be tidying it, rather than painting, so feel too guilty to paint. Now this week's eBay sales have gone out the door, I need to knuckle down and put a bunch of stuff away so I can focus back on the painting.
My "lessons learned" from this whole exercise is firstly that my previously established batch painting limit of five still counts for scatter terrain, and should be adhered to at all costs. Secondly, that I should avoid having two multiple figure batches going at once - the dwarves and the scatter terrain are essentially holding each other up as I switch between the two and finish neither.
The contrast paint fleeing the undercoat problem continues on the scatter terrain, and I've been re-base-coating in places to fix it. You might be able to see it on the barrels at the back. There's only a few bits left now so I'll try and get those finished up before getting back to the dwarves. I've also pulled out a couple of figures from the "Left at the Bottom of the Garden" range, and an urn Fenris Games sent me, to be my simple "single" figures I can complete for delicious endorphins.
It was St Albans Smackdown on Saturday, so I got three games of Infinity in with my Shasvastii. I didn't do particularly well, but had fun with friends, which is the important part. Hopefully I will get a little event report up on the blog some time this week.
Post a Comment