While I was putting away some finished miniatures, I spotted a couple of them had some spots I'd missed. The Urbanmech had a scrape on one of the armour plates at the back. I'm not going to bother taking a photo to show it fixed, but it's now fixed. Still needs varnishing again, though.
I also spotted that a bit of the dwarf shieldmaiden's cloak lining wasn't washed. There were a couple of spots where I'd over-painted, and I'd based coated it again ready for an Agrax wash . . . and then forgotten to do it. So, now washed again, and put in the pile for varnishing. I just wanted to chronicle that I'd spent a bunch of time putting things right that I'd thought of as "finished".
I've been painting with contrast quite a lot in the past couple of years. When I went to Roman's Beginner paint course I learned a lot more about using colour and mixing paint. With a few other pieces finishing up, I got my wet palette out to start painting the Dungeon Fiends Starter Set 1 by Creative Sculpt Studio.
Starting with the greens, I dropped some base coats down for this humanoid ooze person. This is all the same green - with more red added to the green used on the bottom half than on the top half. I'll layer him up from there.
For this troll, I wanted him to be much grimier, so I started with a camo green, with a little more red added as well. This has left his skin looking incredibly dark, but the plan is to build him up from here.
These two simple bits of base coat made me disproportionately cheerful. I've been wanting to try the new techniques and approach I learned at this course, and this is the first time I've had the decks clear enough to start using them.
I'm not stopping using Contrast, though. These Mutant Marshes scenery pieces are mostly contrast work. They're about 80% done already. I need to add the colour for some sores, do a little more work on the fingernails, and then do a little more detailing and highlighting to finish them up.