Monday 13 November 2017

A bit of a mistake


The not mistake bit first - the first Chaos Spawn for my Warriors of Chaos project is finally assembled and ready for paint.


One of the work in progress pictures I posted on Twitter elicited an "Oh God, what on earth is that?" reaction, which I regard as pretty much on the mark. He'll double for a Spawn in my Iron Warriors if that project ever gets off the ground.


And here's the mess up. I thought she was done to table top quality, but when I came back to her this evening to do the blog photo, I didn't like the face. I went in to "quickly fix" it, and will now need to completely repaint it, having stuffed it up.

Bother.

Anyone got any good zombie face / flesh painting tutorials they can recommend?

8 comments:

  1. I really need to make a bunch of spawn, I have 2 to build in a box somewhere, but I'm wondering what sort of grotesquery I can come up with from a load of spare parts and putty lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kit has lots of spare parts so you should be able to make up a whole bunch if you're using putty.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the spawn I have two but painted a long time ago. I like the greenish zombies people do but hey zombies are all different 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite liked a bruised purple - blue one I did for Anvil. I may dig that one out as a reference...

      Delete
  3. It took me a while to see what was in the zombie's hand...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how the paint job goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Prepare for some mediocre disappointment shortly. ;)

      Delete